Infection controls and universal precautions protect patients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control you, your dentist, and the dental team.
According to all leading authorities, the risk of contracting serious infectious diseases during a dental visit are extremely remote. However, it is right to be concerned. Our sterility program includes all the measures recommended by the Center for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. We follow these precautions:
- Wear gloves, masks, and protective eyewear
- Wash our hands before and after treating each patient
- Change our gloves after each patient
- Sterilize all dental instruments and hand pieces after each use
- Regularly use bacteriological monitors to verify that our sterilizers are working
- Clean and disinfect all equipment and surfaces in the treatment room between patients
- Use disposable products to eliminate the possibility of cross infection
- Handle all disposable materials according to federal, state and local guidelines
Due to the measures we take to eliminate disease transmission, you can feel confident in coming to our office and in knowing that your health and ours is protected. You should feel free to discuss this topic further with Dr. Gainor. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care.
Call us with any questions or to make an appointment.212-246-1333